Friday, January 25, 2008

Sites for Students

This week wasn't as much fun as some of the other 2.0 projects. I'm not a student...but some of it could still work for me. I toured Backpack, which could be neat for big projects, especially ones that my husband and I are both working on. It would definitely be great for students, maybe to keep track of projects. I also checked out Jobster. No, I'm not looking for a new job, but my husband is, so no crying for fear of losing me. I liked that you didn't HAVE to sign up for anything to look at jobs, and get all the info, at least on the ones that I looked at. Like I haven't signed up for enough stuff since 2.0!

I think the best use would be for us to decide which sites are the best and easiest to use from our computers (so not the site that you have to download, but I don't remember which one it was) and put links on our website. That's all I could think of, but there are more brilliant people out there than me.

1 comment:

Thaydra said...

I agree with finding those sites which would be easiest and best benefit our patrons and set links on our website.

Backpack would be helpful. I love that one. I like that you can add people to the account to modify it. I made a list of "honey-do's". Now, if my boyfriend would sign up, he could check them off as he gets them finished too!

All of the school help ones and job finding ones I think would be big hits as well. I think adding easy links to these sites from our website would be a wonderful service to our patrons!